Interim President and CEO
720.287.5055 ext. 170
Ellen Braun joined the Denver Preschool Program in 2010. In her tenure, she has worn a variety of hats, from managing the preschool provider community to special events, operations, community outreach and, most recently, communications.
Due to her work with the DPP, Ellen has received the Segal Education Award from AmeriCorps. Ellen serves on the Early Education Committee at New Legacy High School. She is also a 2014 graduate of the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation’s 6-month program, Impact Denver.
Ellen is originally from Minnesota, but is proud to call Colorado home. She lives in West Wash Park and enjoys spending time with friends and being outdoors in the beautiful Colorado landscape.
More about Ellen
- Hometown: Chaska, Minnesota
- Education: M.A. in Educational Psychology, B.A. in Psychology and B.A. in Sociology
- First job: Cleaning Houses for my Dad’s construction company
- What do you do in your spare time: I love to ski, read, hang out with my friends and spend time with my Husband and wild Australian Labradoodle
- What do you like best about living in Denver: The proximity to the mountains and the adventures that await, and the great weather and four seasons
- Favorite song to sing in the car: whatever is on the radio
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten: Surf Clam or Beef Tongue – I don’t recommend either
- Childhood nickname: Eddie, Edgar, E.J., Elle Belle
- Favorite subject in school: Science – even though I was not good at it
- What did you want to be when you grew up: A meteorologist
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be: blue, 90 percent of what I own has blue in it