Michelle Blubaugh joined DPP in August 2019. She was previously introduced to the non-profit world as a temporary program assistant at Rose Community Foundation for Elsa Holguin. Realizing that she found her perfect career fit, she jumped on the opportunity to transition to Denver Preschool Program along with Elsa.
Michelle has shifted her passion for coaching youth sports to being part of a team that is dedicated to helping ensure quality early education for Denver children, families and educators.
- Hometown: Aurora, CO
- Education: BA in Psychology from Montana State University-Billings
- First job: Showbiz Pizza (now known as Chuck E Cheese Pizza)
- What do you do in your spare time: I love watching sports and live music (concerts, dive bars, music festivals, etc.)
- What do you like best about living in Denver: I love the beautiful mountains and variety of things to do.
- Favorite song to sing in the car: Red – Red Wine!
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten: I’m pretty picky so the most adventurous thing I’ve ever eaten was calamari.
- Childhood nickname: Mookie
- Favorite subject in school: Psychology
- What did you want to be when you grew up: I used to want to be a lawyer to “help the poor.” I actually thought that is what they did.
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be: I would be the yellow crayon because I am bright and warm.