Irene Bonham (she/her) joined Denver Preschool Program in the fall of 2022. She has dedicated her career to helping mission-driven organizations bring their brands to life through innovative campaigns, experiences, and strategies that engage and inspire their audiences. For the previous eight years, Irene led marketing and communications in the higher education space at both University of Colorado Denver and University of Denver. Descending from a long line of educators, Irene is particularly passionate about the importance of equitable access to quality education. In her early career, Irene worked in the arts and culture sector at leading institutions such as the Kennedy Center and Denver’s own Clyfford Still Museum. She is pursuing an M.S. in Organizational Leadership from the University of Denver and holds a B.A. in Arts Management from the University of Redlands.
In her free time, Irene enjoys spending time exploring new places in Colorado, the Rockies, and beyond; creating memories with her two daughters; and playing with her two labrador retrievers, Waffles and Muffins. She relishes her morning coffee, loves the theatre, meditates daily, and is always up for karaoke or a song around the campfire.
More About Irene
- Hometown: Rock Springs, Wyoming
- Education: MS, Organizational Leadership and BA Arts Management
- First Job: I was an usher at the Community College theatre in my hometown
- What do you do in your spare time: I love yoga and meditation, hiking and camping in summer months, skiing, and tubing in the colder months, and spending quality time with my two girls and two dogs.
- What do you like best about living in Denver: Access to the mountains and all the recreation and beauty they have to offer, plus the thriving arts, culture and dining scene in Denver.
- Favorite song to sing in the car: Don’t Stop Believing by Journey
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten: Reindeer
- Childhood nickname: Reen
- Favorite subject in school: Music
- What did you want to be when you grew up: An actress
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be: Periwinkle