Nayely Avila joined the Denver Preschool Program in November 2021. Nayely is a Denver native, but her home is in Mexico, where she regularly spent her summertime growing up. With over five years of experience working with students, members of her community in a clinical, school, and admissions settings. Nayely is passionate about the importance of education and its accessibility within the education system. Through personal, professional, and academic experiences, Nayely became passionate about contributing to early childhood education changes and inspiring others. Nayely appreciates spending quality time with her family and friends. She admires nature and loves singing karaoke in her free time.
More About Nayely
- Hometown: Denver, Colorado
- Education: Southwest Early College and graduated from the University of Colorado Denver with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Development
- First Job: Office assistance in the Opthomology Office of the University of Colorado Hospital during my freshman year in high school.
- What do you do in your spare time: I enjoy taking long walks, hiking, food/cooking, and yoga.
- What do you like best about living in Denver: The color transformation in nature from the seasonal change.
- Favorite song to sing in the car: “Shake It Off” by Mariah Carey
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten: Ant Taco
- Childhood nickname: Naye
- Favorite subject in school: Studio in Art
- What did you want to be when you grew up: Fashion Designer
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be: Yellow